Richie Axelsen/ President Owner, Auto Buying Assistant (ABA)
Mobile: (207) 838-6082
Office: (207) 447-9961
Richie is very experienced, user friendly, and has great contacts with dealers and bank loan agents.
- The mentor should never co-sign a loan for a mentee.
- The mentor and mentee should discuss the following issues with the assumption that, in most circumstances, the goal is reliable transportation, not owning a car.
- Determine how many times a week the mentee needs the speed, convenience and flexibility that private transportation (i.e., car, taxi, Uber) provides vs. regular bus service.
- Estimate how much it would cost per week/month to liberally use a combination of public and third-party private transportation.
Confirm the mentee has a valid drivers license.
- How solid are the mentee’s work hours? Do they fluctuate?
- What are the mentee’s regular expenditures:
- Take-home pay
- Child care
- Has money been put aside for:
- Immigration lawyer
- Asylum legal fees
- Driving lessons (if necessary)
- Purchase price/monthly payment
- Yearly excise tax/car registration
- Fuel and maintenance costs
ProsperityME has a series of great workshops for mentees (& anyone else) about how to budget, establish credit & make contractual decisions. Strongly encourage the mentee to take advantage of these workshops.